Saturday, February 6, 2010

Love Roocat


Hi, this post is much later than I wanted, my day has been a mess so far. I missed my appt. to take my van to a local repair man the other day because I was not feeling well (think I had the 'my night out flu') and called yesterday to see if I could bring it. Well I asked for the name of the person and he said speaking and I apologized for missing my appt. and asked when I could bring it, he said tomorrow around 10-11. I should point out that he sounded strange and confused and kept asking 'who is this'? and he sounded old....lol.... So I rearrange all my plans today to take the van, I called him and mentioned I'd be on my way, he said "who is this" I told him, he said I think you have the wrong person, same name, probably related but wrong person. So turns out I never even spoke with the right person in the last few days and have no appt. Oh my I must have had him confused....lol

Well I can't get enough of this little Roocat image so thought I'd do up another card for one of kids teachers. I found this nice velvety heart ribbon which set my inspiration. And the button is one of my Grandmothers (she was my bestest friend) and I have a huge tobacco tin of all her old buttons (she liked to collect), so everytime you see me use a button it's most likely from her stash.
Spoon full of sugar (sketch)
Cupcake Craft Challenge (four legged furry)
Raise the Bar (hearts)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! He came out sooooo cute-excellent coloring!

Thanks so much for hopping along with us at Sew Many Layouts :)

Have a great weekend!

sarabeth
sew many layouts DTC

~*Joni said...

So sweet! I love the out of the box image, what a great looking Roocat with perfect colors. Your hearts on this are adorable, they are so well balanced on this card. Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

Donna said...

Super sweet little card Lori and beautifully embellished! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Unknown said...

Love it Lori! I like the way you cut around his hand and the flowers a bit for an overlap!

Wishcraft said...

Aw lovely card Lori, gorgeous colouring and love all your little details. I had a bad day too - popped into town to get my mum's birthday pressies, parked in the 1hr car park, got back to the car park 5mins late and I had a £60 fine! Hubby is not best pleased!! Lisa x

Victoria said...

fab card - loving that image!

Thanks so much for joining in at Cupcake Crafts this week

Hugs
Victoria
x

Fuzzy Slippers said...

What a fun card! So cute. :)

Kelly said...

I love the sanded heart that is embossed and your coloring is awesome.

Margreet said...

Wow Lori.........love your hearty Roocat and the button of your grandmother is stunning!
Hope your van still drives????
Have a nice sunday!
xxx Margreet

Dotty Jo said...

Cute image Lori, and so beautifully coloured. Love those hearts too! Jo x

Darlene said...

This is just tooooooooooooooo cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar ... we do hope you'll come back next week!!
Hope you finally got an appt. and all is well, LOL!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

He's adorable Lori! Love the hearts!

Juls said...

just fab!! great image!!! Love the embossed detail and the colours! Hugs Juls