Friday, December 31, 2010

New Beginnnigs



OMG I've had a crazy last few days and haven't posted a card for any of them. I had cards done but decided to head into the city for shopping and wasn't planning on being away so long. I left on the 27th hoping to shop and go down to apply for dh and kiddies passports on the morning of the 28th. Well turns out they were closed so I stayed an extra night got up real early headed down and was told my son's photo was rejected and DH's siggy was no good so I was stressed out and left and just as I was nearing my Mom's place I slid into the intersection of a red light and smashed into a guy in a truck OMG I have never had an accident that was my fault in the 20 years I have been driving. I hit the poor guy's wheel and it bent so his truck is not driveable. The man was so nice, turns out he owns a garage right by where it happened and secured my cracked fender so I could drive around safely. His kindness brought me to tears. He should have been angy instead he was fixing my car. So I had to stay two more nights to see an Insurance Adjustor and file a police report, hence I am late with my dt card.
But we have a great theme at Prairie Fairy Fun Fridays to celebrate the new year - NEW BEGINNINGS. I used this beautiful asian lantern image and thought it could represent newly retired, new home, etc..... i coloured with prismacolours. Sentiment is Whimsy Stamps - Raindrop Echo Designs. My craft table is still cleared off from Christmas so I have my table and wall background, but I don't mind it. Hope you have a Happy New Year! We're having lots of appetizers and a full night of WII games Woohoo!
Charisma Cardz - pearls and lace, Crafty Sentiments - anything goes, Stampavie and More - red, Flourishes - Pearls, Aly's Sunday Challenge - anything goes

12 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

This is such a pretty card and it gave me some inspiration for making a card for two really good friends who just got a new place together. I'm happy you were not seriously hurt in that accident. It was great that the guy you hit was so friendly and understanding.

Happy New Year to you and your family :D

Cor* said...

Holy Crappola! What luck with the poor photo & signature! EEK! I woulda been freaked too, I can just imagine where your thoughts were......So nice of that man to help you! So sorry to hear that you went thru all this, but hey, your home now, probly singing to the tunes of the beatles with S&C & dh of course!! RoCK oN chiCKEta!!! Fantastically warm card! love the feel! Happy New year!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my goodness, Lori, your 2010 went out with a bang! So sorry you had such a rotten few days. So glad no one was hurt in the accident!

I love your card. Your coloring and color palette are so beautiful. I really struggled with this challenge and considered using the lanterns, but couldn't seem to tie them in to new beginnings. You did an stellar job with that sentiment.

Wishing you and your family a year full of health, happiness and prosperity!

Hugs,
Linda

Juls said...

sorry you have had a rotten few days, and sorry to hear about the accident...great that the guy was so nice about it!!....Love your card, Love the oriental feel....the gorgeous colours and sentiment....inspirational! Hugs Juls

Het zonnetje in huis said...

Hi Lori,

That's a serious story, lucky you"re okay !!
And indeed what a nice man !

I hope 2011 bring you less stress :-)

You've made a very pretty card !!

Greetings, Jaimie

Suzi Mac said...

OMG, how lucky are you, that sweet man became your knight in shining armour. It could have been so different. I'm glad you are safe and back home. I hope you get the passports sorted out. Love your card, what a neat way to use those pretty lanterns. Wishing you a very Happy New Year.
Hugs
Suzi x

Tami said...

Oh I love the Asian look. Thanks for playing at Gingerlfot

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Glad to hear no one was apparently hurt in the accident! Sounds like a harrowing couple of days. Lovely card!

Tracey said...

Happy New Year Lori! Sorry to hear about your accident but glad no one was hurt & that the truck driver was kind to you (there are some nice people in the world).

I love this beautiful card :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Tracey said...

Happy New Year Lori! Sorry to hear about your accident but glad no one was hurt & that the truck driver was kind to you (there are some nice people in the world).

I love this beautiful card :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG...Lori, glad you are okay and the guy was nice enough to help you!!! There are still some nice people in this world...LOL!!! Your card is gorgeous! Sweet image and use of the pearls!

Thank you for joining us at the FTTC this week...hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous colors and design! Your coloring is wonderful! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Pearl Challenge!